|Karachi University Silver Jubilee Gate (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui (Urdu: پیرزادہ قاسم رضا صدیقی) (born February 8,1943) is a noted Pakistani scholar, Urdu poet scientist and educationist. He is serving as Vice Chancellor of the Ziauddin University.
Pirzada was born on February 8, 1943 in a learned family of Delhi,India then British Raj. After partition of Pakistan and India in 1947,he continued his study in Pakistan and did his intermediate from D J Science College Karachi and B.Sc (H) from University of Karachi. He earned his PhD from Newcastle University, England. He started his career as a lecturer in the University of Karachi and soon became a professor.He has been associated with Karachi University's Department of Physiology since 1960. He also served for Federal Urdu University as Vice Chancellor. At present, he is the vice chancellor of Karachi University.He has written several books in English and Urdu,including Urdu poetry.
He started to write literary work from young age.In 1956,he wrote an article for the school writing competition and he won the gold medal.He has written many articles on different topics.Many poets and authors have written articles on his literary work,in which he has been praised.
- Free amino acids in blood, liver and muscle of Uromastix hardwickii. Pak. J. Biochem. 1 (1-2): 1-4 (1968).
- Synthesis of some immunosuppressive agents. J. Sci. 2 (1): 131-134 (1973).
- Histamine and its antagonists. I. Some stearic and pharmacodynamic consideration. J. Sci. 2(2): 249-258 (1973)
- Some azaindoles and related derivatives of potential biological interest. 11th Ann. Med. Symp., J.P.M.C., Karachi Abs. p-29 (1973)
- Changes in some of the properties of muscle membrane produced by chronic denervation in rat diaphragm. 11th Ann. Med. Symp., J.P.M.C., Karachi, Abs. p30.
- Studies on erythrocytes in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. 7th Symposium on Current Research in Muscular Dystrophy, Birmingham. Abs. 4 (1977). Foreign (International)
- Effect of ouabain upon erythrocyte membrane adenosine triphosphatase in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Neurol. Sci. 34: 365-372 (1977). Foreign (International)
- Erythrocytes in Duchenne Muscular dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 29 (7): 144-150 (1979).
- Temperature dependent contractile properties of normal and denervated skeletal muscles. Nat. Sci. 1(1): 16-32 (1979).
- Effect of temperature on the duration of active state in normal and denervated skeletal muscle. Nat. Sci. 1(1): 33-40 (1979).
- Studies on autohemolysis in human erythrocytes. Nat. Sci. 1(1): 41-49 (1979).
- The effect of preincubation on adenosine triphosphatase activity of human erythrocyte membranes. Nat. Sci. 1(2): 105-110.
- Studies on the duration of parental immunity in chicks. Nat. Sci. 1(2): 102-104 (1979).
- An evaluation of some carrier detection techniques in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Neurol. Sci. 43: 377-394 (1979). Foreign (International)
- The effect of dexamethasone on the growth of gamma irradiated tadpoles. Acta Anatomica 105: 134-139 (1979). Foreign (International)
- Levels of liver glycogen during normal and radiation induced metamorphosis in Rana Cyanophlyctus. Acta. Anatomica. 105: 338-343 (1979). Foreign (International)
- Thermostability of the lentogenic strains of Newcastle disease virus. Nat. Sci. 1(3): 137-142.
- Gamma rays as stressor of tadpole growth. Radiobiol. Radiother. 20: 661-670 (1979). Foreign (International)
- The effect of Dexamethasone and vitamin A on the growth and metamorphosis of gamma-irradiated thyroxine induced Bufo melanosticutus tadpoles. Radiobiol. Raditother. 21: 156-161 (1980) Foreign (International)
- On the effects of Amygdalin (Vitamin B-17) in Cancer Evaluation in rats administered Dimethylnitrosamine. Nat. Sci. 3(2): 33-39.
- Cancer risk in Pakistan: Environmental mycotoxin and prevention of exposure. Nat. Sci., 3: 96-97 (1981).
- Electrocardiographic studies in the patients of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 34(5): 117-121 (1984).
- Osmotic fragility of erythrocytes in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 34(5): 127-134.
- Myoglobinuria in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 23: 95-99 (1984).
- Binding of Cardiac Glycoside Ouabain to Dystrophic Erythrocyte Membranes. Pak. J. Pharmacol. 2: 37-42 (1985).
- Relative vapour pressure lowering in the skeletal muscles of different animals and in the denervated and tenotomized muscles of uromastix. J. Pharm. Univ. Kar., 42(2): 119-122 (1986).
- Semen Analysis in insulin dependent/ non insulin dependent diabetic men with/ without Neuropathy. Arch. Androl. 30: 47-54 (1993). Foreign (International)
- Serum and Urinary levels of pituitary-gonadal hormones in insulin dependent and non insulin dependent diabetic males with and without neuropathy. Arch. Androl. 30: 117-123 (1993). Foreign (International)
- Comparative studies of the induction of Erectile response to film and fantasy in diabetic men with and without neuropathy. Arch. Androl. 30: 137-145 (1993). Foreign (International).
- Conduction velocity of the dorsal nerve of penis and penile brachial index in insulin dependent/ non insulin dependent diabetic men with/ without neuropathy. Arch. STD/HIV Res. 7(2): 105-114 (1993). Foreign (International)
- Diabetic neuropathies in males, circadian variation in pituitary gonadal hormonal release. Pak. J. Pharmacol, 11(1), 19-27 (1994).
- Estimation of nor adrenalne content of human penile tissue in diabetic men with/without neuropathy. Pak. J. Pharaceu. Sci. 7(2): 35-44 (1994).
- Eretle impotence in Insulin dependent (IDDM) and non-insulin dependent (NIDDM) diabetic men with/without neuropathy. Arc. STD/HIC Res. 7(2): 97-103 (1993). Foreign (International).